The Grass is greener on the other side

   I hated Maths in school so I never even attempted the JEE exams and I knew how much ever my family and friends forced me I won't take up engineering. And I didn't. I am very happy. My friends often look at my schedule and see that I have no studies as such; they have monthly exams, I pity them. But I too have my own worries which they often neglect that is where they think that the grass is greener on the my side while actually it isn't.
   My engineering and medical friends often have this debate over whose field is tough. The engineering guys say that the medical ones just need to mug up and write the answers where as the medical guys argue that the numericals aren't that difficult; let them perform the surgery. My only response is guys you both are important. If an engineer builds up a building and it collapses and kill people or a doctor kills people with wrong medicines and improper surgeries.
    The husband, the bread winner goes off to work whereas the house wife works tirelessly at home. The husband have to deal with his bosses, collegues and the job pressure whereas the wife deals with all the household chores, bills, children's school and much more. Nobody could complain that he/she does more or less work than the another.
    A 10 to 5 employee often criticises his boss for not giving leaves and the work load. On the other hand an enterprenur complains of not having job security and has to face the brunt of inflation, day in and day out. No one is happy.
  We see the glamour and the glitz of the celebrities and wonder what it would be to get into their shoes. But we don't consider the constant scrutiny of theirs by the media, they have to be at their best each time.
    Every one assumes that the other person is having a better, greener life than he is but he doesn't consider the hard work needed. The most important thing in whatever life that we may lead is happiness and not in being envy about others. One must stop believing in "The Grass is greener on the other side" and strive to make the grass greener on their side.

Comments

  1. Just wanted to add more to this.
    We ourselves choose our side knowing about the pros and cons we are going to face. So rather than complaining about the difficulties and envying the other side, acknowledge the person for accomplishing the greenery and work hard for your own choice.
    Engineering and medical have the hardest syllabus there is and it is a fact. Most civil servants come from these two fields. Being said that, at last that's a very different path and all different paths lead to different gardens.
    Being proud of what we achieve is ok but as envying others is not the solution for our problems, comparing and making our grass greener than others also dosen't make sense.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love