Things we lie about

    I lie about many things. Those who say they don't lie, are absolutely liars. Let me just put it this way, ' We are all liars'. I've made a list of some white and red lies that we all tell in order to praise some one or to be in someone's good books or to not feel embarrassed about ourselves.
   How are you? I'm fine and what about you. This is the most common lie that we tell, may be unknowingly or may be you don't want to share your feelings with the one asking. But if you answer truthfully, you will surely have a wide range of answers.
    Where are you? Aren't you supposed to be here half an hour ago? Oh shoot I forgot, why didn't the alarm ring?. "I'm on my way, it's a one hell of a traffic, I'll be there in 5 minutes."
    Did you like the gift I gave you on your birthday? .... (thinking) which one was it, may be that book. "Oh yes, it's wonderful. Thank you so much! " Did you like the colour?" ...(shocked) What colour? Then may be it's was that shirt. "I love it."
    Please help me with that thing. I've mailed you. "Absolutely, I'll check the mail." ..(slept) Did you check the mail? " Yes, I saw it. I'll start working on it immediately. It will be ready by tomorrow." ...(slept) Is it done? (Talking in sleep) Oh no dude. My PC is out of order.
   Where is John? Wasn't he at your place the last night? said John's father. I can't tell John's father that he was away with his girlfriend at night and I don't know where's he now. "Yes uncle, he just left my house, he'll be there any time." John is 20 kms away, how the hell will he reach in 5 minutes.
   I don't like you. But you keep disturbing me. I am not interested in talking to you. "Yeah, I'm listening." (Fake laughs) (Attentive face) ..."Sorry I gotta go. I just remembered that I've to take my mom to the clinic. I'll call you once I'm free." And I never call back.
   "I've been going to the gym since 2 months. I'm feeling great these days. Why don't you join?" Really...Gym?? There is absolutely no change. He's only gone fat. " Yes, you are in great shape now. You've inspired me to join the gym. I'll surely think about it."
    "Why were you absent for the last two days?" "Ma'am, my grandfather passed away." A Friend giggles, I saw your grandfather in the garden jogging today morning. "Ma'am, he was a distinct relative." looking angrily at that friend who have enjoyed the movie and the pizza together.
  Everyone lies, but the magnitude of the lie depends. That lie shouldn't harm anyone. As it's said in Baghwat Geeta, which I've read. (Another lie, I haven't)

  

Comments

  1. Hi Gaurav, read your blog. Well written. Just my addition, lie which doesn't harm anyone+sefless lie for benefit of others, may b understood.
    Finally, liars r never trusted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ..it's true that everyday we lie 45 percent..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love