Brotherhood and Rivalry

   Last Sunday we all witnessed India's excruciating loss to arch rivals Pakistan in the Champions trophy held in England - the very country that ruled the two warring nations for almost 150 years. Post Pakistan's victory some people in India celebrated and were soon arrested. An immediate and reflex question occurred to me was what was their crime? Is celebrating a victory of another country their crime? I beg to differ. Then people should also get arrested for supporting and cheering and celebrating victories of European countries in football where India haven't even qualified. A popular commentator made a comment that India is the father and Pakistan is it's son then immediately one person commented to check their birthdays. I rofl'd because it's true Pakistan got it's independence on the 14th of August​ 1947 while India's Independence is a day later.
        I don't get this bitterness towards them. I can only compare this bitterness to two brothers who were torn apart by unforeseen circumstances and are now awaiting for reunion. Very optimistic of me and filmy though.
   I don't believe in caste and religion. Neither I follow any religious practices. I treat everyone as equals and I never ask anyone their caste or religion.
   The Muslims in our country are looked down upon, humiliated by the greater sections of society. I remember people pelting stones at their houses and causing riots for some incident happened far away.
    Any man isn't bad, circumstances and influences make him do things. Similarly men of a particular religion aren't bad. Don't we remember the Missile man of India A.P.J Abdul Kalam. He was also a Muslim. No religion teaches misdemeanor, conflict, war. It's people like you and me who breathe war, irrespective of caste, colour or race. So we must stop disrespecting people based upon this.
    Tomorrow is Eid. The holy month of Ramzan coming to a closure. I have very fond memories of this festival celebrating with one of my friend and savouring the delicacies at his home. Here's wishing everyone Eid Mubarak.

Comments

  1. It is a game where 1 wins and other loses. we didn't played good, but the pak team were really gud in all condition. Cricket is kind of game where people in india take it too seriously rather than just enjoying the game.well a gud written blog and eid mubarak.gbu...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that Rohan. Thanks and Wish u d same.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love