The Maze of Social Network

    When my 10 year old cousin asks me for my phone to log into his Instagram account, I am amazed! When I was 10 I didn't have Instagram infact I used to request my dad for a new bat, not a new and personal mobile phone. If I recollect correctly, I was in IX STD when I joined Facebook. It's been eight years. Back in school it had become a fad. Friends used to make fake accounts and send friend requests. That was hilarious. It was fun back then but today it seems quite a bore. But it's become a routine to check the notifications and browse through the news feed no matter how busy you are. Right from my siblings, my parents, uncles and aunts, even my grandfather is on FB. It has actually trapped everyone in its maze.
     Today there are 'n' number of social networking sites which offer nothing but the same and most of the times it's copied from each other. There is WhatsApp, Hike, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn to name a few.
   We update our status daily. We post stories about what we are doing, what we are eating, where are we visiting, what book are we reading, which movie or TV series are we watching and with whom. We also change our DPs regularly. We have DPs for every occasion. There is a Independence day DP, there is Mother's Day DP, there is a Diwali DP even there is a terrorist attack in Paris and Manchester DP. We have become stalkers to say the least. We need to know what Priyanka Chopra is wearing today or what Shah Rukh Khan has had for breakfast.         
   Something that really annoys me are the emoticons. The emoticons have completely over taken our emotions. Rather than meeting up and talking we prefer texting. Height of texting is when it's your birthday and you get a text 'HBD' along with an emoji of a cake wouldn't it irk you? If you are texting fine but atleast show some emotions.
   I have more than a thousand friends on FB, some I know, many I don't. Nearly three hundred contacts on What app whom I know personally. But there are a very few who I actually talk for hours with. So to speak the biggest positive of social networking is to widen the reach and contact but it's also it's downfall to some extent.
     I am not in any way against social networking users or sites because I'm also guilty of the same and can't live without it. I get really uncomfortable at home when the wi-fi is out of order. Yes, it's a waste of time. Yes, there are risks of fraud and identify theft. There can be cyber crimes or bullying and obviously there is encroachment of privacy but on the flip side there are advantages too. It builds up your multinational connectivity. Also it is used for online sharing and advertising.
    We are definitely caught up in this maze and there is no leaving it. But it's up to us to use the Social Network with responsibility.

Comments

  1. Just to say it's good to be updated, but don't get addicted.reading this blog, I saw yesterday a group of teenagers who were into their own individual mobile, that no one was talking to each other, if they have to speak up with each of them they just text it into their group and how it works today. At our school days we use to share our memories, crack some jokes, share our feelings, but today when someone close to urself is passed away u just write a mssg on every social site 'RIP' same at ur bday there is mssg 'HBD' with some irr emoticons, but instead of this have frequent conversation with ur friends, family, meet them have some talk they too feel happy.don't be like a robot and remind urself that u are a human being and be happy,stay blessed and at last good one bro.keep it up.GBU...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love