The Birthday Week

   After hard hitting last couple of blogs I am taking a breather with this one. This one seemed to be an easy topic at first but gave a tough time to finish. Yes, it's my birthday week. But I don't know whether to be happy celebrating my 21st birthday or to be sad at loosing my innocent ages too soon. I don't know whether this happens with everyone or not but leading to my birthday each year my family, especially my mom, aunts and grandmothers discuss about me all day. How naughty I was in my childhood, where and when was I born, how I used to cry at night and not let anybody sleep, how I used to throw everything away preferably on my neighbour's roof, how I used to never walk and needed someone to pick me up. I get completely amazed as I can't obviously remember my naughtiness, I blush when my relatives tell me that you've changed drastically.
     Well, this year was all the same. The same relatives visiting, me chilling out with my friends, 12'o clock calls , messages and birthday celebrations at night also this year I celebrated with the kids that I teach which was special, there were cakes, gifts and cards. But also there was one question from my brother which still reels in my head and which I don't have an answer to. He asked, " What have you done in your 21 years?" It's a simple question but his tone of asking was very sarcastic and I actually didn't have an answer to him, so I counter questioned, "What have you done in your 16 years?" He said,'Nothing.' But later I began thinking that it's true that I haven't done anything worth noticing or remembering by me let be the others. I've lived my routine, normal, regular life, never thought out of the box, never tried to do anything different. I think this is the time. 21 is a big number. I need to take up my responsibilities and fill in the big shoes of my father.
    There is this poem I wrote last year, "Finally I'm twenty and I've lived plenty."

Loved walking bare footed on the grass with my friends in the meadow,
But today walking on the shattered glass with none of them together but my shadow.
Having born in an affluent family which is loving, caring and well to do,
In the pursuit of my happiness and my success bidding them adieu.
Throwing my bags and clothes haywhere when i come home and having my mom pick it up,
And now keeping everything in order so that I find it again tomorrow but still struggling to remember the place where I kept it.
Teasing and fighting and again hugging and roaming around together,those were childhood days,
But today just one misunderstanding and the bonds of years of friendship come to a hold.
Waking up early to go to school, meet friends and learn new each day,
In college roaming around, eating, watching movies, but no intention of going to lectures.

    Even today when I catch up with my friends I relive and relish the days when I was 14 - 15 years old. I hope there was some time machine so that I get to relive those golden days again.

Comments

  1. Bro it happens with all of us and most funny memories of my life in school days was the fight between me and laxman.Each and every day just coz of 1 reason ..la...hehe,but reading this blog it took me to our school days where there was no feeling of responsibility only rada...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I too remember each day and each moment. Memories are forever.

      Delete
  2. Gaurav I hope anyone could make that time machine which will really take us back to those days now after deciding too we can't meet can't spend time together n all again n again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally unexpected person has read this 😂 but I still luv u alot😘

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love