Taken for granted

   There are three things in life which you cannot recover - the moment after its missed, the word after its said and the time that is wasted and if all this culminated then it would be horrific to bring it back. We most of the times miss the small moments like wishing our close people on their birthdays, we do have our excuses for not remembering and our busy schedules are only to complain. We often say someone unabashedly that we don't need that person in our lives, well we might not even need but think again was their actually a need to say it and the hours that we binge watch American TV PS I do, what all things we all could be done in those hours. Well all these are larger topics I need to stress more on the first one that is we take people for granted.
    The parents that give us the right upbringing, fulfill all our desires become the uninvited people in our lives at a point of time. The mother that wakes up at 5, prepares our breakfast so that we could go to school by 7 , the father that ties our shoe laces and leaves us at school and on holidays takes us to trips leaving his work aside and look now we complain of not having time for them. After coming from school we always expected hot lunch and as always we were served by our never tiring mothers and today we don't even care if she has had food. Yes, being a parent is a thankless job. But, would you call your mom or your dad from work and talk to them for just 5 min and ask them about how are they feeling, did they have food or do they want anything that you should get. They will be the most happiest people on the planet and so will you be.
     Friends are the most integral part of our childhood. We share everything with them. We have our favourites and the ones that we only call acquaintances. The school friends are the ones that we actually remember for the rest of our lives because the fun and frolic that we have at school is like no time again or may I say we have fun again but then there are responsibilities. But do we actually meet our school friends? Well for me I say absolutely. I just love them. When I need them they are there, when they need me I'm there. They are my council of ministers, my advisors. But I also take their care and affection for me as granted. I always fail to acknowledge them or appreciate them for always being there in thick and thin. So meet up your old pals, plan up something.
    Even in relationships same things could be said there's a song from Sia 'Taken for Granted' whose lyrics are well written, It says

I'm sitting in the car  
Waiting for you 
You said you'd be a minute 
But you've been twenty two

I'm sitting by the phone  
Waiting for your call 
You'd said you'd phone at two 
And it's a quarter past four 

  At the end I would just like to conclude, just give a big hug to the ones that love you, appreciate them for their support in your life. Saying thank-you is a very small gesture that we must often make and let it be to anyone let be your teachers, shopkeeper, drivers, maids, watchman.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love