Unconditional Love

   It's 10 in the evening, I'm chilling out with my friends and my phone rings. Even before I slide my hand into my pocket and take out my mobile phone, I know it's who. It's my mom calling because it's her daily routine. She might forget to watch her daily soaps but she will always remember to check on me, whether I'm in college or wandering with my pals. Her questions are fixed. Where are you? With whom? When are you returning home? Have you had something to eat? and there are endless of these questions to which I only answer in yes or no. And God forbid you tell her I'm coming at 'x' time then the whole menu card of dishes is repeated in that call and if I don't come at that exact time I said to her, she will call me a minute later and ask where I was. To which I always reply chill mom I'm on my way. She doesn't have food until I'm back so we can together dine. Sometimes I get angry at her, sometimes it embarrasses me but when I look back, it's her love towards me,it's her concern for me. And it's her resilience, her undeterredness that she continues to do so.
   She knows me, my emotions better than I do. She knows my strengths and works with me on my weaknesses. She plays with me and is very competitive to defeat me. We chat about movies, She also makes me watch the T.V. shows she watches and then have discussions on that. She loves cricket more than my father, so we bond over that too. We watch matches late night while the whole house is asleep. She knows about the dating and has advice on every thing. She's the very first friend I made, she's the first teacher that I had and the best cook I'll ever have.
   These days have been hard for the family, physically and mentally. There have been several instances that showed that my mom is no less an iron lady, a wonder woman. Her stubbornness to take the entire (joint) family together is no less achievement. Her humility, her kindness towards other people makes me wonder how is this even possible today. At the same time her toughness at situations is also noteworthy. She's been my idol ever since, she's been my inspiration, my guiding force, my star in the dark night. Her impact on me is tremendous. It's said father is the bread winner of the house but to make house a home is a mother's job and is no mean feat.
   Today I can proudly say I don't just have one mother but three in all. My maushis (maternal aunts) are no less important to me than my mother. Here's my small poem for you,

'Ma' - the first word I've uttered,
Since then you've looked after me undettered.
Toiling hard all day without showing an ounce of pain,
And then slowly slipping in a pill to ease your pain.
I don't believe in God because I don't need to, whenever I need you you're there,
As if you are an angel without the wings.
I'm sorry for all the times I've cause trouble to you,
But even though your love for me always remains.
Love you to the moon and back 💝💝💝

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi