Me, Myself and I

   In the last blog I wrote about loving your life, this one is on the similar lines but completely different altogether. This one is about loving yourself ie, self obsession. Well! to begin with I'm very self obsessed, I never pay heed to whatever the other person thinks about me, I do my job the way I want. I dress, behave my way,I choose the person I wanna talk to and neglect the one I don't. I never like to please anyone or purposely be appreciative to someone even I've not liked it.                                                                   
     Okay! Self obsession in more collective terms means Narcissism. I just googled the word. It says, " Excessive interest in or admiration of oneself." It also says," Extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration." According to the two definitions the first one suits me while the later doesn't really, so I did a further reading on the Signs of Narcissism. I read, Difficulty in empathy, hypersensitivity to insults, vulnerability to shame rather than guilt, flattery towards people who admire you and detesting them who don't, bragging and exaggerating achievements, denial of remorse or gratitude are some of the signs. After which I realized I am neither Self Obsessive nor a narcissist. I don't envy any one nor have arrogance of my achievements and glory but I do have is Self esteem which is the confidence in my ability.
The song that in My Playlist and completely apt with the message here is ' Me, Myself and I' by  G Eazy and Babe Rexha.
 
Oh, it's just me, myself and I
Solo ride until I die
'Cause I got me for life
(Got me for life, yeah)
Oh I don't need a hand to hold
Even when the night is cold
I got that fire in my soul

I don't need anything to get me through the night
Except the beat that's in my heart
Yeah, it's keeping me alive
(Keeps me alive)
I don't need anything to make me satisfied (you know)
'Cause the music does me good and it gets me every time.
   
      There was a neighbour of mine. We were in the same school but he wasn't one of my 'Friends' , well I tried to talk with him a lot of times but he wasn't one of those talkative kids like me. He was pretty much locked inside his house and never use to come to play. He was self obsessed, to such a extent that he had closed his doors for others in his lives. Also his parents took the help of a doctor because he never talked to them, shared anything so they began to worry. He had become reclusive and introvert. He never shared or even complained a bit so the burden of his hidden feelings began to pile up to such to extent that he had an outburst and one night he left his home never to return.
    This Selfie generation of ours must realize that the line between loving yourself and becoming a narcissist is thin and we must understand that self centeredness and egoistical approach will take us no where but having the grit, zeal and self esteem could do all good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love