But, I'm not waiting for you.

                But, I'm not waiting for you.
I remember,
The day I first saw you,
White top and blue faded jeans,
Red lips and a strand of hair on your face.
You came towards me and asked me for the class,
I was mesmerised, I just pointed, couldn't speak a word.
I was on cloud nine as we were in the same class.

I remember,
The first lecture, I was late and couldn't find a seat,
You smiled at me and said 'Here’.
Trying to impress you I paid complete attention and even answered a few questions,
But mind you, You diverted my focus.

I remember,
Our first assignment, the angel-like teacher had paired us together,
You were confident that you’d do great, I was nervous that I don't mess it up.
I worked relentlessly, not to gain marks but to gain your admiration.
We came with flying colours and then began our regular chats.

I remember,
The day I asked you out for a date,
It was my birthday and I knew you had a gift for me.
I cut the cake, blew the eighteen candles and there you were with 'Fault in our stars’.
I wasn't an avid reader but I became one for you.
You posted a picture of us on Instagram captioned love and I was floored once again.

I remember,
The Valentine's day,
I had planned meticulously. The roses, the chocolates, romantic movie and then dinner.
Sadly you were down with cold and all my planning had flopped.
The very next day it was you who had done all of that for me and left me surprised.

I remember,
Our first get-away,
Walking hand in hand on the shore and then running into the sea, splashing water on one another, jumping as the waves hit us.
The sunset by the beach and only the two of us, listening to 'Aaj jaane ki zid na karo’ with earphones plugged in.

I remember,
The time that I last saw you.
It was mid-sem and you were wearing that red top I’d gifted you,
Your father was waiting outside the campus, you kissed me 'Goodbye’ and said you’d be back in a couple of days.” I'll call you once I reach”, you said.
That call is yet to come, that day is yet to rise.
It's been three years but I'm not waiting.

I've heard that your father forcefully married you,
I tried to contact you, stalked you on Facebook, DM'd you, Snapped you. Tried everything.
But I'm not waiting for you,
I want your happiness more than I want you but there isn't a moment that I don't think of you.
But, I'm not waiting for you.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unusual Republic Day

Love You Zindagi

Unconditional Love